10 Signs Your Car Needs an Oil Change
- by siteadmin
A car only has so much oil in it before it needs to be changed. If you want to keep your engine healthy, then you need to pay attention to these 10 signs that the time has come for an oil change.
1) Your engine is making a knocking sound – This can indicate either low or high engine compression if the noise is soft and quick, respectively. The low compression could mean that there isn’t enough pressure in the cylinder or piston rings are worn out; while high compression could signify too much pressure in the cylinders due to faulty valves or head gasket leakage. Either way, this indicates that your vehicle’s parts are not working together as they should be and will eventually lead to more expensive repairs down the road.
2) You have been putting off your oil change for a while – This is the number one sign that you need to get an oil change. The longer you put it off, the more damage will be done and this could lead to even bigger problems in the future maintenance of your vehicle.
3) You are getting an oil or engine light – If you have been putting off your oil change, then the car’s computer will continue to notify you that something is wrong even if it might not be necessary. Even though this can be annoying, pay attention to these signals because they could save your life in case of a bigger problem down the road.
4) Your car is leaking oil – If your vehicle’s engine or undercarriage is covered in a dark, sticky substance then it means that you have been losing too much of the vital fluid.
5) Your car takes longer to warm up – If your vehicle’s engine is taking too long to warm up or won’t reach the normal temperature, then it probably means that there aren’t enough oil molecules left for optimal functionality.
6) Your engine is running hotter than usual – This could be a sign that there isn’t enough oil flowing through the system, which means you need to get an oil change ASAP.
7) Your car is vibrating – If your vehicle feels like it’s shaking uncontrollably, then this could be a sign that there isn’t enough oil in the engine.
8) You need to top off your oil more often – If you are adding oil after every few drives, then maybe it’s time for an engine checkup.
9) Your oil is dark – If your engine’s oil looks like it has been taken straight out of a deep fryer, then this could be another signal that you need to get an oil change.
10) Your oil has become really smelly – You might not want to admit it, but if your engine smells like old fast food then you are definitely in need of an oil change.
Oil changes should be done every three months or after approximately 5000 miles driven. The longer you wait between changing the car’s vital fluid may cause damage that could cost more later on down the road when trying to fix your vehicle!
Google News Website 2,Google News Website 3,Google News Website 4,Google News Website 5, Google News Website 6, Google News Website 7, Google News Website 8, Google News Website 9, Google News Website 10, Google News Website 11, Google News Website 12, Google News Website 13, Google News Website 14, Google News Website 15, Google News Website 16, Google News Website 17, Google News Website 18, Google News Website 19, Google News Website 20, Google News Website 21, Google News Website 22, Google News Website 23, Google News Website 24, Google News Website 25, Niche Post 1, Niche Post 2, Niche Post 3, Niche Post 4, Niche Post 5, Niche Post 6, Niche Post 7, Niche Post 8, Niche Post 9, Niche Post 10, Niche Post 11, Niche Post 12, Niche Post 13, Niche Post 14, Niche Post 15, Niche Post 16, Niche Post 17, Niche Post 18, Niche Post 19, Niche Post 20, Niche Post 21, Niche Post 22, Niche Post 23, Niche Post 24, Niche Post 25
A car only has so much oil in it before it needs to be changed. If you want to keep your engine healthy, then you need to pay attention to these 10 signs that the time has come for an oil change. 1) Your engine is making a knocking sound – This can indicate either…